Thursday, December 27, 2012

More Holiday Festivities...

The holidays have been wonderful with family and crafting, as well as many memories recalled. :) Here are some of the other projects I have been working on this holiday season:
A card I made for a customer that I care for...
Table mats I made for my parents...(the words reminded me of my Dad and how special he has always made Christmas for us)...
Cookies I made for the fall season....
Hot cocoa, which is always a great idea, especially when it is cold and snowy outside and we are warm and cozy inside...
And bread I cooked for our Christmas dinner...it was a magnificent feast! Just the two of us, cooking as if there was a ton of people...turkey, gravy, stuffing, red potatoes, green beans, challah with sesame seeds, and cheesecake with a vanilla bean cinnamon cherry topping. Yum! We are so fortunate!
And here is a picture of the beautiful dinner my Mom made for Thanksgiving. There is no cooking like Mom's! After dinner we decorated the tree as a family and laughed together. It was exactly what I needed. Sometimes it is hard to be so far away from family. Other times it is absolutely a blessing! :) In any case, I miss them each every day and think of them all the time. They're the best.

No comments: