Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Good Morning! Time for a Challenge Entry! :)

Good morning, everyone! I hope your Wednesday is going well! I know mine is! Had a super day at work yesterday with a coworker of which I am quite fond and the sun is shining bright! Plus, I finished up my scrapbooking page for the Paper Issues Challenge! Would you like to see it? Here it is:
Here is a picture of the whole page...I really like how it turned out, since this is my 2nd scrapbooking page with pictures EVER! (I made a book for my sister and niece, but without photos, and usually spend my time making cards.) I do not use Instagram, so I cropped a photo to 4"x4" and then mounted it on one of my favorite 6x6 papers so I could frame it with that little sentiment. :)
Here is a close up of the corner. I made that little paper clip ribbon embellishment by wrapping ribbon around the clip. Then, I added a dragonfly which was stamped on acetate with black Staz On ink and a little hand cut heart. The bracket is hand cut to highlight the phrase "I love you." The border punch is one that I picked up quite awhile ago and cannot recall who makes it. Sorry! :)
I am in love with the poppy stamp from Hero Arts, which I included in the bottom corner. To emphasize it, I stamped it with brown distress ink and water colored glimmer mist over the top to make it more subtle. I also glimmer mist painted the word "love" in the title, which is hard to see here. (Love that stuff! So shimmery and pretty!)
This final image is of the poppies I embossed, paper pieced, and water colored with distress ink. (I also added a little bit of pink glimmer mist to finish them off). I love how they turned out with the colors in the photo! The grass is hand drawn, then embossed with the same embossing powder color I used on the stems of the poppy flowers.

Beyond the details listed above, I just had fun playing with layers, colors, and patterns. And, of course, washi tape and gems! I hope you enjoy this page as much as I enjoyed making it! And, check out the challenge over at the Paper Issues Blog at http://www.paperissues.blogspot.com/2013/04/instalove.html. Happy Crafting! :)

2 comments:

Mette said...

This is fantastic! Love it!

Crystalena82 said...

Thanks, Mette! You do some beautiful work yourself! I really admire your work!! :)