Sunday, April 14, 2013

April Birthday Cards!

Hello! Just dropping in to show you a few of the cards I completed this weekend. I have three birthdays coming up, including my Honey's brother's birthday this week and my Dad and brother's birthdays the following week. I am excited to share these with you and to send them out! I decided to make three cards using the same supplies, but different layouts. This is what I came up with:

Here is the first card I made. I started by dry embossing the star with one of my stencils and a pen. As I worked, I added stitching lines along the inside of the star and a solid blue line around the outside. I opted to use a little bit of sandpaper on the embossed edge, then retrace the embossing from the other side. The star edges started to tear, so I added distress ink and rolled the edges. I love the way this card turned out! :)

Another view of the card, but with the tulip, too. (I am loving playing with our new camera and all the possibilities with the lighting and focus!)

Here is the second card. (I love the reflection of the tulip in the back of this photo!)

I used drops of shimmer mist at the top left corner, diagonally across the sentiment, and down on the bottom right corner to draw the eye across the card.

Here is a close up of the twine, which I sprayed with shimmer mist and the gems I added at the bottom. There are also small drips of shimmer mist that I flung onto the card from the sprayer tube.

Here is the third card. I decided it needed some shimmer mist after I had added all the other embellishment, so I dripped some on the corners, then blew on the mist to make it run. :)

Here is a sideview. The little stars were cut from the patterned paper and put on pop dots. I highlighted two of them by tying twine around them.

I am also working on a layout for the Paper Issues current issue (which you can check out at www.paperissues.blogspot.com) and will post that as soon as I have it finished up. I have applied for their design team call, too, so wish me luck! :)

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful week!!

No comments: