Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hello!

Good morning, everyone! Sorry it has been so long!! I haven't had my computer since it broke down (it is really old), but the Mr. is off on a field trip today, so I have his! :) Anywho, I apologize for the delay and wanted to follow up since I know I said I would tell you more about our new camera. Here it is!!

We picked up the Canon PowerShot ELPH 110HS. It is awesome for point and shoot! It is a 16 megapixel camera and is most independent, setting the features and everything so the focus and lighting are all done for you. You can take pictures with manual settings as well, which we are still learning. The manual is fantastic for this! And, if you buy it from Costco you get the data card as well...a great deal! If you have time to check it out today it is still on sale! Otherwise, I did see that it is a great deal at Walmart, as well. :)

Here are some photos I have taken with the new camera of some craft projects most recently:

This first one is a birthday card for my mother in law. Her birthday is today. I hope she loves it! It was fun to make...I used a new stamp by Penny Black that I picked up at Paper Pals (just couldn't resist it), heat embossed it, and water colored with distress inks. It was fun to make. :)

This one is an easter card for my parents. The background is distress ink, which I sponge on, then flicked water on. I dried it, stamped the image (Hero Arts, I believe), then added the eggs. They are just the letter "o" stamped onto shimmery vellum, then decorated with permanent marker doodles and cut out.

This final card is an easter card for my niece and sister. I made it more 3d and textured since I know that will be more fun for my niece. This one was easy, but fun to make. The basket is made of two pieces of ribbon which are sewn together by hand. The eggs are vellum, just like above, and the basket handle is braided ribbon. The grass is the fun part, as I can imagine my niece will think as well! :)

Here is a close up of the texture of the card. Isn't that an awesome picture? It was all automatic with our awesome new camera! (Not only can you see the textures, you can also see the glue I managed to get all over! Ha!) :)

Hope your Saturday is a great one and that you enjoyed seeing the new pictures. If you have any questions about the camera, let me know! Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments: