Monday, October 22, 2012

A Few Summer Cards...

Here are a few cards I made over the summer between outdoor recreation and projects. Enjoy!
This one was made for my Sweetheart's parents, who came to visit over the summer and accidentally left a watermelon when they left (yum!) We had a great time with them as we always do and were sad to see them go...
This one was for my sister. It was also the FIRST sewing I did with my new machine! I sent it to her with a special package with gifts for her and my niece. (See the project gallery for more projects!)
A birthday card for my sister...
And a close up! I was inspired by the videos of Kristina Werner and felt brave enough to use transparency for this one. It turned out really neat! I also used Staz-On ink to stampt the butterflies, then colored them on the opposite side with BIC Mark It permanent markers. I don't recall who the butterfly stamp was by...
This one was for my Honey Bear's mom...I love the Martha Stewart punches! They are fabulous!! (And, I happened to find the spider web punch on clearance at Michael's for $4.99-I will post pictures of the card I am making soon!!)
This last one was for my parents. The card is designed around the butterfly washi tape I picked up on our last trip home. I got it from Hobby Lobby and my mom loved it. I thought she would like it if I sent her a card with the tape since she thought it was so pretty. Also, I sent it at about the time of the two year anniversary of my Grandmother's passing, so the words were inspired by her. The butterflies are punched paper and transparency, with paint. They were a ton of fun to make. The charms are just brass charms from the jewelry section of Michael's, written on with permanent marker. (I am eager to emboss on them, too!) The green mesh is part of an avocado bag and the strips are stamped paper and ribbon. This was a fun card to make. I love using my super quick drying Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive, but would recommend glue dots under the strips. It would make it easier to get the strips on evenly. (I don't have glue dots, but will be picking some up. I hear they are wonderful!) Well, that is it for cards for now...I am planning more and have others that I made over the summer, but just did not remember to take pictures of...oh well. Hope you enjoyed the post and had a wonderful Monday! :)

No comments: