Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cloud Atlas

From IMDb: "An exploration of how the actions of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and an act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution. " So if you know me, you know that I watch movies as a background to other tasks-mostly crafting. :) But, this weekend I saw a movie that was so profound that it reminded me of the hopeful child that lives inside of me. Saturday night we saw the movie Cloud Atlas. With the exception of two other movies in the past couple years (Inception and The Hunger Games), I have not seen any movies I would consider exceptional. This, of course, is a measure of how much emotion and thought the movie illicits within me, as well as the acting and filming. Cloud Atlas was far and beyond any movie I have ever seen. It is based upon a novel that it has been said is unfilmable, but the producers did an amazing job. I am looking forward to reading the book. And, I am looking forward to living each day with the hope I recall from my childhood, because hope should not be merely nostalgia, but something we nurture within ourselves and spread to others. Hope is what keeps the human race alive...it is what reminds us that we are not merely part of the machine, but truly alive. Live each day as if it will be your last. Love without reserve. Jump head first. Enjoy the ride. We are not here very long.

No comments: