I have been thrilled to have my new sewing machine, the Singer Confidence Stylist (7467 S) since September. Here are a few of the projects I have completed:
This is a binky clip for my niece! (Please excuse the cutting mat. I know it looks dirty, but it is stained with ink from stamping. :) Oh well!)
This is a close up showing the snap. This part snaps around the binky handle. The other end attaches to her clothing/bib so that if she spits out her binky it won't fall on the floor. :) (IT is actually a clip for the back of a shirt/apron that I cut apart. It has special teeth that will not damage fabric when it is clipped, too.)
This is a baby blanket I made for a friend's baby boy. He is due ANY day now! I am so excited to meet him!! :)
Here is a close up of the stars. They are iron-on, but I stitched them by hand, as well, so that they are not a choking hazard. The blue corner piece is also hand stitched with floss.
Here are some of the details on the straps/ties for an apron I made for the same friend's daughter.
Here is the completed apron. It is reversible, with a purple opposite side with pink pockets. That side is more plain, without the ruffle.
This is our new ironing board cover. The old one was, well, old and stained. This one is pretty and new...and I replaced the padding so the wire pattern does not show through!
These are pillows I made for my niece. One is a teeny neck pillow for int eht car/stroller, etc. The other is adult sized and is meant to encourage her to spend more tummy time. :)
This is a close up of the tag I put on the pillows. It is made from craft cardstock and is meant to be cut off. The remainder of the cardstock will wash out when these are washed.
This is the paisley fabric I found on clearance in the Joann Fabric Colombus Day sale. All the red tag material was 50% off. I stocked up...big time. Let's just put it this way: When I was done I had saved approximately $130... :) I used the fabric to make carboy covers for brewing. My other half actually liked the fabric, but does like to call them our "hippie" covers. :)
Here is a picture of the covers just being put onto the carboys. These carboys are full of cabernet sauvignon...the grapes we picked 3 weeks ago. We have approximately 18 gallons fermenting! YUM!
Here is a picture of the carboys resting on the shelf. The cabernet sauvignon wine is accompanied by blackberry wine and blackberry port that is also fermenting...double YUM! :) It is hard to tell, but each cover top has elastic cording with a button toggle to keep them shut. This keeps the light out so the wine does not taste yucky. :)
Hope you enjoyed checking out my most recent sewing adventures...let me know what you think!
Have a happy Wednesday! :)