Sunday, January 13, 2013

A New Journey

So I have given it a lot of thought and have decided that when it comes to cardmaking, I am in love. In regards to selling my cards, I am thinking I should give it a go. Here are some of the cards I have in mind, though I also intend to make more complicated, layered ones, too. I thought simple would be the way to start, just to see how it goes. We will see!
All of the cards are blank inside, but with a themed tree on the front, to represent a season of trees...I love trees and thought it would be a cute way to express one's affection anytime of year. :) The first one would be fitting for St.Patrick's Day, Spring, or for a friend who is Irish/Celtic.
This one is obviously modeled for Easter, but would also make a great "Happy Spring" card. :)
This one is simple, but my favorite. It would be a great fit for "Just Because," "I love you," Valentine's Day, Anniversary, or even an "I'm Sorry" card.
This final one has little gift packages with bows on it. I thought it would be a great idea for Birthday, "Happy Holidays," or "Thinking of you" (when you find a special little gift that makes you think of someone you care about, but there is no holiday). Just some of what is on my mind for ideas. I would love to hear your ideas or opinions. What do you think? Do you think they are buyer friendly? They would be customizable color-wise, so the backgrounds and embellishment colors could be chosen by the buyer. I was thinking of selling them individually, as well as in a pack with a discounted sale price. Your thoughts? I will post more as I come up with cards for my Etsy shop, which I am in the process of setting up. When it is all set up I will post the shop address so you can check it out. I am also planning to put the cards up on a pinterest page to gain exposure...I am interested to see how this goes. In the meantime, I am working on a little more organization to make my creation station a little more user friendly. The goal is to be organized, but with easy access and visibility. Here is a little box I made last week to hold my washi tape. I'm in love!
This box is an altered Christmas tree light set box which I covered with craft paper, decorated with washi tape, and am also using to store my binder clips, which, strangely, look quite nice on the edges. I love it! Before I go I just want to add a couple random, but important thoughts. Thank you to all of you who have been kind, thoughtful, and encouraging to me regarding my craft hobby. I appreciate all the comments and the positivity that you have brought to something which is so important to me. I try to express my gratefulness as often as possible, but always feel there is much more to express than words can say. I would not be here without you, nor would I be posting on a blog, nor have the courage to apply for a design team position with a company as amazing and inspiring as Hero Arts. I cannot say it enough: Thank you. And, if you have not had a chance to check it out, you can check out the Hero Arts blog at http://ablognamedhero.blogspot.mx/. Happy Sunday!

No comments: