Friday, January 25, 2013

Happy Friday-Golden Oldies Challenge Post! :)

Today I am sharing the card I made for the Golden oldies challenge over at A Blog Named Hero. I am sharing with you, then on my way to post it on their page before the last work day of the week! Hooray!

So, here it is! I used four different Hero Arts stamp sets for this card, to follow the theme of using older stamps they have produced. It was fun to come up with! I used the "Poppy Background" cling stamp for the main portion of the card. I embossed it with Stampendous' Sapphire Pearlustre powder. Then, I colored it with distress ink in peeled paint and wild honey by Ranger. This layer is attached above a square border made from the old "Design Borders" stamp set. It is stamped in fired brick by Ranger. I also stamped the sentiment from another Hero Arts set, "Truly Appreciated". I used the wild honey distress ink to stamp it, then wrote over hello with a marker...not sure by who! :) Lastly, I added a tiny lady bug, also from Hero Arts, in the set called "Antique Engravings." The lady bug is stamped in black over barn door distress ink by Ranger. There is a close up here:

Hope you like it! I sure had fun making it and trying a new combination of colors. I love the way the blue embossing powder and yellow look on the poppies! Oh, and there is a touch of fired brick on the poppies to make them go with the border in red. Such a fun card to make! Don't forget to hop on over to the A Blog Named Hero to check out the other entries or enter one of your own! It is here: ablognamedhero.blogspot.com

Happy Friday everyone! :)

4 comments:

Shirley said...

I like the combination of colors you used on the card!

Wasn't sure if I should reply to your question on my blog or leave you a comment on yours, but I on the latter. The woodgrain is Papertrey Ink's background set, so it was already a strip that I could stamp down the side.

Crystalena82 said...

Thanks, Shirley! And thank you for letting me know more about your beautiful work of art! :) Have a great Sunday!

Lucy Newton said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks for playing with us at A Blog Named Hero!

Crystalena82 said...

Thanks, Lucy! Thank you for the opportunity! :)